Compassionate Veterinary Hospice Care Brings Comfort to Both Pets & Owners
Dealing with end-of-life pet care can be physically and emotionally draining for many caring owners, but the staff at Log Cabin Animal Hospital is here to help you through every step of the way. Our compassionate veterinarians and staff will do everything possible to ensure that you are fully educated on all options and paths to increase the quality of life for your beloved pet. Some common pet hospice routes to comfort include:
- Appetite stimulants
- Special diets to keep your pet eating
- Pet pain medications
- Small animal supplements in support of the immune system
Peaceful Pet Euthanasia
After all other options have been exhausted, pet euthanasia is certainly not an easy choice, but can sometimes be the best choice for your ailing pet. We encourage you to take your time through this difficult decision-making process; our empathetic staff is here to fully inform and support you along the way. Only the most humane pet euthanasia methods are implemented, including sedatives and IV catheterization, assuring your pet will be laid to rest in peaceful tranquility. We do advocate pet owner presence during the process to provide additional pet comfort, although this is certainly not a requirement, as we understand some owners are not at ease with this arrangement. Additionally, respectful cremation services are provided.
For further information regarding our pet hospice or humane pet euthanasia services, please call or schedule an appointment with one of our trusted veterinarians.
Guidance for Coping with the Loss of a Pet
- Allow yourself to cry and grieve.
- Talk to friends, family, our supportive staff, or the Michigan State University (MSU) College of Veterinary Medicine Pet Loss Support Hotline at (517) 432-2696.
- Leave an online commemoration on our pet memorial wall.
- Light a candle in memory of your beloved companion.
- Create a personalized pet memorial webpage.
- Browse the MSU bereavement resources or our pet loss library, a collection of grief support articles and others’ personal accounts of pet loss
- Join the MSU pet loss support group.